They cause pain whose origin is not immediately recognizable: trigger points. The lumpy muscle hardening occurs because we often sit for too long, move incorrectly, too little or too much, for example when doing sports. Now you can easily treat the pain points yourself thanks to trigger point massage!
What is triggering?
The most common way to treat these muscle spasms is compression. Targeted pressure is applied to the hardened area with the thumb or a massage tool until the tension is released. The muscle is supplied with blood again and the transmitted pain disappears. If you don't want to go straight to a professional for the trigger point treatment, you can easily treat muscular tension yourself at home. It is important to hit the trigger point as precisely as possible and to build up sufficient pressure.
Massage trigger points at:
- Tension in the shoulder and neck area
- Discomfort and tension in the arms, especially with tennis/golfer's elbow
- Mobilization restrictions and complaints in the area of the lumbar spine
- Hamstring discomfort
- Complaints in the popliteal area
- Calf tension/adhesion
- Heel spur
How does the trigger wood work?
In contrast to fascia training for painful fascia, the tip of the small wooden cone acts on the painful area as if acupressure. Depending on where the muscle hardening is located, you can use the practical trigger tool while lying down, sitting or standing. The body weight regulates the pressure. This is initially slowly intensified over 30 to 60 seconds and held for up to five minutes. Small massage movements around the hardened point are pleasant. The result: The area feels soft and supple again after the trigger point therapy!
The ARTZT vitality TriggerWood is suitable for everyone who values design and sustainability. It is manufactured and finished by hand. Colored lacquers are deliberately avoided, instead the wood is oiled and waxed and retains its natural warmth. Only beech wood from local forestry is used. This reduces the production and delivery routes and thus also the ecological footprint of the products. In addition, the packaging is free of plastic, which again benefits the environment. The trigger tool is treated with a wax and oil polish so that it meets the requirements of the harmonized standard EN71.3 "Toy Directive" and is sweat and saliva-proof according to DIN 53160. The refinement combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes and is dirt-resistant, water-repellent and abrasion-resistant. It ensures a robust and impact-resistant surface and is applied by hand in a Lebenshilfe.
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 7 cm
- Cone tip: approx. 1.5 cm
- Material: German beech wood With non-slip bottom
- Absolutely skin-friendly and easy-care
- Treat trigger points that cause pain easily themselves
- Do something for conditions like sciatica, lumbago, back pain, or neck pain Ideal for neck, back and shoulder
- Sustainably produced by hand in Germany
- Retains the natural warmth and always feels comfortable on the skin
- The PLUS variant has a narrower cone and thus ensures a selective, intensive treatment.